If you google “leadership quote,” you will receive millions of results, which can be overwhelming. Here are seven of the top leadership quotes that I believe are worth knowing, quoting, and living out.
1. “Only three things happen naturally in organizations: friction, confusion, and underperformance. Everything else requires leadership.” –Peter Drucker
2. “On matters of style, swim with the current. On matters of principle, stand like a rock.” –Thomas Jefferson
3. “Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment...” –Apostle Paul
4. “A wealth of information creates a poverty of attention.” –Nobel-winning economist Herbert Simon
5. “If you are a leader, expect sabotage.” –Edwin Friedman, A Failure of Nerve
6. “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion.” –Simon Sinek
7. “As much as talent counts, effort counts twice.” –Angela Duckworth, Grit
Jay Desko is the Executive Director of The Center and serves on the Senior Leadership Team at Calvary Church in Souderton. Jay brings experience in the areas of ministry assessment, leadership coaching, decision-making, and strategic questioning. Jay’s degrees include a B.S. in Bible, a M.Ed in Instructional Systems Design and a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior and Leadership.